The Newsome House Museum & Cultural Center utilizes volunteers in many exciting capacities:
- Docents who give in-house tours and outreach programs
- Living history interpreters
- Aides who assist in obtaining and organizing collection materials and conducting historical research
- Hostesses to help at special events by monitoring the reception area
- Musicians to perform at social events
- Artists to give workshops and exhibits
- Photographers and videographers to record events
- Persons skilled in restoration and conservation techniques
- Gardeners to create seasonal plantings and maintain the grounds
Download Volunteer form and mail
Would you like to earn academic credit for your volunteer work?
Are you interested in expanding your knowledge of the museum field, or do you have an interest in African American history?
Do you have a school project or dissertation to complete that deals with African American history?
Consider interning at The Newsome House Museum and Cultural Center. Earn credits while you learn and provide a valuable service to the community as well.